Below are my original translations of some poetry (mainly qawwalis and ghazals), each with full text and transliteration. A few of them have been included on the syllabus for the “South Asian Aesthetics” course at the University of Chicago and quoted in the Washington Post.
- Bhar Do Jholi, sung by the Sabri Brothers
- Mere Rashk-e-Qamar, sung by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Tajdar-e-Haram, sung by the Sabri Brothers
- Dil Mein Ik Leher, written by Nasir Kazmi
- Balaghal-Ula Bi-Kamaalihi, sung by the Sabri Brothers